Wednesday 10 March 2010

The slow down

I've been quiet on the blogging front as I only went and got paid employment, which kinda killed the angle of this blog, whose sole intention was to record my ramblings of life as a newly unemployed journalist.

Nearly six months after I found myself dumped on the unemployment pile along with thousands of others, I guess I can now officially call myself a 'freelance journalist' and not a dolely, although sometimes I can't see much difference between the two situations.

My work has slowed down this week, so 'freelancing' today has seen me play tennis, make bread and watch several episodes of the original Brideshead Revisited, which at 11 episodes long could be responsible for too many afternoons on the sofa and not at my desk.

One thing that has changed is where my head's at. Last October, newly jobless and thrown into a freelance world I didn't understand, I went into panic mode. I'd get up each morning with good intentions, determined that my life would change that day, only to slope off to bed mid-afternoon disillusioned that my emails and phone calls were once again being completely ignored.

This time I'm going to enjoy the days I'm not having to traipse into an office and focus my getting work efforts in a less rabbit in a headlights fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment